*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever been playing your Gameboy Advance and it said that it could not load a game? Maybe every time you put a game into your Gameboy Advance, it will never load. Well in this article we will answer all your questions about the Gameboy advance.
So Why Won’t My Game Boy Advance Load The Game?
If you can not get your game to start, or you can not get past the boot-up screen that reads Game Boy, the most common reason this occurs is that the Game Pak is not fully inserted. Turn off the Game Boy Advance, firmly insert the Game Pak until it clicks, and then turn the system back on.
If you would like to know more about why the Game Boy Advance wont load games, please keep reading or check out this video!
If you are needing some new accessories for your Game Boy Advance you can see the latest ones by clicking here.
How To Troubleshoot Game Boy Advance
Important Note* Because of different boards, technicality, and other functions of the Game Boy series, a few of the troubleshooting ideas might not work for you. Also, if you’re using an older version of the game on your Game Boy Advance, then chances are that you might not be able to play them on your device. If all the games are working properly and the specific game isn’t playing, then you should contact the game provider or contact Nintendo straightaway.
Let’s get started with the troubleshooting!
You need to follow the steps in order to make sure that troubleshooting is going to fix your game.
- Make sure that you are only using original Nintendo games because replica products are most likely to cause problems for you. Additionally, unlicensed or replica products are not that compatible with the Nintendo system, and that’s why you are witnessing the game not loading.
- Now, take your game in your hand and turn off the system. Insert the game into the system properly; you will hear a voice when your game is inserted properly.
- Make sure that the power button is fully shifted towards the on position. Because sometimes it happens that you don’t push the power button towards the on position correctly
- If you have an original Game Boy Advance system, then press the L button and Volume Up button together, and the freezing problem should be resolved within 20 seconds.
- If one game pack isn’t working, then try inserting different game packs. This will help you understand if the problem is with your device or the game itself. If the other games are working and only one game isn’t working, then you are able to send it to the providers for a replacement.
- Now, if still nothing is working, then try inserting a set of new batteries. Insert the batteries according to the diagram and once you are done inserting, turn the game on, and you are done. But, make sure to charge the batteries first before inserting them into the system.
- Consider the possibility of dead batteries, which would cause the game to turn off. In this case, you might need to replace the batteries (There is not a brightness adjustment procedure for the Game Boy Advance)
- It is also possible that the pins on the system are dirty. You can clean them by heavily applying rubbing alcohol onto the pins of a cartridge, then putting it in and out of the system. After a bit, use more rubbing alcohol to clean the pins of the cartridge. Repeat until you don’t get any more grime on the cartridge pins after inserting it into the system.
If none of these methods are working for you, then there is a chance that your system has a problem, and it should be given to some Nintendo technicians so that they can fix the problems for you.
If you are having issues with a multiplayer game, then you should be trying the following steps:
How To Troubleshoot For Multiplayer Games
- Make sure that you are using the correct cables to charge your system. Verify the charger by going to the official site of the Nintendo and after verifying, start using it. You can easily destroy your Nintendo battery by using the wrong charger.
- If the game is not working for multiplayer, then make sure that you have the same game inserted into each of the systems. Sometimes it happens that you both have inserted the same game, but not the actual licensed versions. This could be what is causing the real problem.
The Gameboy Advance (GBA) is a 32-bit handheld game console developed, manufactured and marketed by Nintendo as the successor to the Gameboy Color. It was released in North America on June 11, 2001. The Game Boy Advance is part of the sixth generation of video game consoles. The original model does not have an illuminated screen; Nintendo addressed that with the release of a redesigned model with a frontlit screen, the Game Boy Advance SP, in 2003. A newer revision of the redesign was released in 2005, with a backlit screen. The final redesign, the Game Boy Micro, was released in 2005.
If you are unable to start the game or your game is stuck at the Nintendo screen, then the most common reason behind the freezing of the game is that the disk is not inserted correctly. All you need to do is to turn off the game, insert your disk correctly and try to restart your game. When you turn the device back on, you should not have any more freezing or problems.
That is the simple solution that normally fixes any issues. But, if things still are not fixed and you are still facing the issue, then you need to try these troubleshooting steps in order to run the game properly.
If you can not get your game to start, or you can not get past the boot-up screen that reads Game Boy, the most common reason this occurs is that the Game Pak is not fully inserted. Turn off the Game Boy Advance SP, firmly insert the Game Pak until it clicks, and then turn the system back on. If that does not work, use the troubleshooting tips listed above or contact your local Nintendo dealer.
Now that you know how to fix your Gameboy advance, you can use the tips we gave from above in order to fix your games cartridge and make it work. There is no denying that Nintendo hit a home run with the production of their Gameboy Advance.
The console has so many games and is such a great console. Although it did have some problems with some games being able to load properly, as you now know, the fix is pretty easy, and that does not feminist from the popularity of the console.
There are even some people that collect these consoles as they are highly sought after and are going up in value. Because these consoles are no longer being produced, the value of these consoles as well as these games continue to go up in value. This is why they are not just collected here in the United States, but all over the world. Many people will even purchase these games and consoles as an investment item as they expect the value of these games and devices to continue to increase.