*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you been playing Xbox and recently received a message saying your console was banned? Maybe one of your friends got this message and you want to know what it means. Well, we will answer this question in the article.
So what does console banned mean for the Xbox?
Consoles banned in Xbox means exactly as it sounds. It means that the console will not be able to be used by anyone to access Xbox Live or anything online. It usually happens when you do not abide by the terms or rules and regulations of Xbox Live. Some reasons you might get console banned are using offensive languages or modifying your equipment in a way that is prohibited. In that case, you will receive a email stating either of the following two:
- Your payment option had a problem due to which your account was suspended
- Your account was noticed to have violated the terms and conditions and hence was banned or suspended.
If you want to know more about your Xbox being banned, then you will want to keep reading. If you are like me though, and you don’t like to read, you can watch this video and learn all the reasons your Xbox console may be banned.
Are you a huge Xbox fan? Then you have to check out this amazing Xbox gear and decor. Whether you want an Xbox-styled wallet, a sweatshirt, or a pair of Xbox socks there are plenty of choices to choose from. You can find them all by clicking here.
If you have an Xbox you need to get this cooling/charging stand for your console/controllers.
There is nothing worse than being ready for a long night of gaming only to realize your controllers are dead. With this stand that never has to happen again!
Why is being banned such a big deal?
In this fast-paced world, there is not much time left for ourselves. Apart from just fast-paced, the world is becoming more and more cruel by the day. There is not much appreciation anywhere to be found. Amidst all this negativity, that “well done”, or “good job” or maybe “you win” at the end of an online game serves as quite a support. For some people, it may seem virtual and superficial but believe it or not at the end of a hard day, that proves to be quite a support system.
For a lot of gamers, these are more than just simple games. For them, these are almost equivalent to life and death. What if someday suddenly, you find your console banned from Xbox? Are you already getting the jitters? Well, it is always possible if you break a rule by Xbox. If you have already faced something of this sort then you know how bad it can hit you. If you are someone currently going through such a phase or maybe you just want to avoid it then you are in the right place.
How to know if the console is banned?
The first thing you need to do is to make sure that the card you use for payments is not expired or overdrawn. If you call the Xbox Company, you can give them the console information and find out if the console is banned and what you can do with it. If they confirm that it is banned, you may want to ask them for further information related to the ban. You will want to know the information about why it was banned and what you can do to unlock the ban. However you go about it, prevention is always better than to rely on Xbox to possibly release the console from the ban. This is why it is important to know why a console can be banned.
What could be the reasons behind a console being banned?
There could be a series of reasons as to why your account could have suspended or banned. One of the most common reasons is the use of abusive words during games. Although most people find this to be perfectly justified, Xbox does not. We have all been there when you find yourself so immersed in the gaming world that you tend to go overboard with it a bit, and at the end when you lose you just lose it when you were one shot away from being the winner. Although we have all been there, it is still a bannable offence, which is why it is advised to keep oneself under one’s own control. There are some other reasons as well as problematic payment options, or maybe unsolicited modifications in the gaming aspects and so on that could cause you to get banned.
Here is a list of things that could be responsible for the ban of your console:
- Tampering with your console. This is when you physically open and modify the console to use it for playing illegitimate software.
- Another scenario could be when a user has used the account for online fraud. This is similar to any other cybercrime. It includes hacking someone else’s account, taking over Xbox live accounts and many other similar activities.
- Impacting users or disrupting services could still be another reason behind banning someone’s account. This basically includes such usage of abusive words or disrupting the game flow multiple times, or maybe taking out a game before it is finished and so on.
However, if you do not recall doing any such activities, it is necessary that you call the company and clarify why you are being banned. You may also, in this case, want to remind gamers that while purchasing a second hand Xbox, it is important that you check that there is no ban on it. If you do get banned, or you buy a banned Xbox the players can still use them for offline single-player r multiplayer games.
How long does a suspension last and how can it be unbanned?
Xbox ban length basically depend on the reason behind the ban. There is a team that investigates thoroughly about the Xbox prior to its ban and hence a console is banned only for extreme reasons. The companies do this especially to promote and encourage healthy competition and keep the mass under control. The ban can last for a specific period of time depending on the reason behind it or it might be permanent. A temporary ban usually last for one, seven or fourteen days.
What are you to do if and when your account suffers a suspension?! On a banned console one can play only offline single-player or multiplayer games. Although these bans cannot be lifted that easily, here is a list of steps that one could follow after receiving an email notifying the ban of the account.
- Firstly, on the Xbox forums, go to the “my live account board”.
- At the top of the page, you will find a sign in sign. Click on it. Then log in to your live account.
- There will be an option saying “new post”. Click on it.
- On the subject line, type something that talks about the suspension of your account. Something that asks for a reason behind it.
- Below it in the description box, write your problems and queries in an elaborate manner. Make sure to emphasise on your doubts.
- Click on the post option. But keep this in mind that the posts are handled manually and may not appear immediately after you posted it. Do not repost it, if it does not post immediately, just wait for a while.
- Go to the setting options and then to the click on receive emails, click on save.
- Now all you have left to do is to wait for a reply from their side or just wait for the time period of the ban to get over.
Because you can’t just call and get a ban lifted, it is important to know the rules so you do not get your account banned or suspended.
Now that you know what it means to have a banned Xbox, you know what to avoid so your account does not get banned. Even though Xbox sometimes has to ban people, they do not like it, and wish that everyone would just follow the rules. Although people do get banned, you have to admit that Xbox has some great games, and some amazing online games on their platform that draw you into them.