*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you recently been banned from playing on Xbox and you aren’t sure why? Maybe one of your friends was banned and he thinks he knows why but wants to know if he can find out. Well, in this article we will go over exactly how you can find out if you were banned from Xbox Live.
So can you find out why you were banned from Xbox Live?
Although there are many ways to find out why you are banned from Xbox live, the easiest way to simply go onto the Xbox forum and chat with a representative, or you can call or email Microsoft and ask them why you have been banned from playing on Xbox Live.
If you want to know more about being banned while playing Xbox Live, you will want to keep reading this article. We will go over exactly why you can be banned and other ways to find out what ban or suspension you have received from Microsoft without contacting them. You can also watch this video which will show you the top reasons Microsoft will ban you from playing on Xbox Live.
Are you a huge Xbox fan? Then you have to check out this amazing Xbox gear and decor. Whether you want an Xbox-styled wallet, a sweatshirt, or a pair of Xbox socks there are plenty of choices to choose from. You can find them all by clicking here.
If you have an Xbox you need to get this cooling/charging stand for your console/controllers.
There is nothing worse than being ready for a long night of gaming only to realize your controllers are dead. With this stand that never has to happen again!
What can I have possibly done to get suspended from Xbox Live?
Activities which can lead to account suspension are:
- Inappropriate or offensive Xbox Live profile content
- Offensive in-game behavior
- Engaging in cheating
- Attempting to manipulate the Xbox Live service by making use of network interference, feedback abuse, complaint abuse or other kinds of system tampering.
- Attempting to exploit the Xbox Support or Xbox Live users for financial gain.
- Harassing other Xbox Live users or impersonating other Microsoft partners or staff.
- Engaging in phishing, account theft or other attempting to defraud gamers.
As you can see these are very broad areas and there can be several reasons within them that can get you banned. You can even get permanently banned even if you have been a clean gamer for years without any kind of suspension.
What are the different types of suspensions?
- Temporary suspensions
If you carry out an action that violates the code of conduct while making use of a specific feature on Xbox Live then your profile can get temporarily blocked from using just that specific feature.
This kind of feature suspensions works on Xbox One and for the devices which connect to Xbox Live. The good thing about this type of suspension is that this kind of suspension allows you to make use of the Xbox Live service as well as other apps and features. Also, know that this includes the suspension of your communication facilities if you violate that during communication activities on Xbox Live.
Your account can also get suspended temporarily if you violate the rules while making use of Xbox Live. This will prevent you from signing into the service. The length for such a suspension depends on the nature and severity of the violation. Most suspensions begin with 24-48 hours and can last up to one week long.
- Permanent suspensions
Permanent suspension can occur due to a severe violation or if the attempts of the enforcement staff to correct the related negative behaviors are unsuccessful. Any kind of permanent account suspension will block your profile from accessing Xbox Live in any form.
- Game specific bans
Game developers can make their game-specific security measures that are built into the titles. These measures and policies work independently of Xbox. So, since every game is different, the method you are notified of a game ban varies by the developer.
This also means that the kind of ban, duration of the ban, as well as the consequences of the ban, varies. To know more about such specific bans you will have to contact the game developer and maker.
- Xbox Live Device bans
A device ban will prevent an Xbox console or device from accessing Xbox Live. You can get this kind of ban as a result of modding your Xbox system or attempting some kind of online fraud. This can result in a device ban. You should also know that some games come with separate community rules along with Microsoft’s. These are called game-specific bans.
- Gamertag bans
Every player on the Xbox system should know that Microsoft doesn’t tolerate sexist, racist or any other kinds of offensive language in the gamertags. If you are thinking of having one, then get ready to face a ban. The good thing is that most of the time you will get a chance to change your gamertag if it does get reported. If you decide to fall in line and change the gamertag then you will be fine and not get banned or suspended. It is only the people who are stupid and either do not change it, or change it to the exact same thing with different characters that receive the ban.
How to check what kind of ban you have received?
THe first thing to know is that there are two kinds of suspension for Xbox Live. One is there for the violation of the code of conduct and the other is there if there’s any problem with your payment option. To check why you were banned from Xbox Live, you will simply need to follow the steps below.
- First, verify the credit card you use for your Xbox account and make sure that it is updated and valid. Your account can get suspended due to an outstanding balance as well.
- The next thing is to head over to the support page of Microsoft office. You will find a set of instructions given there that will tell you to follow the rules and regulations set by the company or face bans and suspensions.
- There you will find a link asking you to Sign in to find out why you were suspended. You can sign in by using your email, Skype or phone. Even if you forgot your account, you can still retrieve it.
- Next you will follow the instructions to get the reason for your account suspension. You can also call Xbox Customer Support for an explanation of your suspension and how you can get it lifted. You will get an email in your inbox from Xbox regarding your suspension that will normally say what rule or rules you have violated.
- To get more clarification for your suspension, you can always visit the Xbox support forums. There you can talk about your issue and get a response from an Xbox representative.
Overall, if you follow these steps will let you know about the reason for your account suspension. If you think that your suspension is unreasonable, then you can appeal your suspension or ban here. But before putting out an appeal you can type out a post at the relevant Xbox Live forums to know if you can appeal in the case of your suspension or not.
Now that you know how you can get suspended and how long suspension lasts, you can easily know why you were suspended as well as how long you were suspended for. You also now know the best way to contact them if there is any issue or problem with your account as well as the best way to protest your suspension if you didn’t do anything wrong at all.