*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever been playing Playstation and wondered about putting other assets on the system? Maybe you were told that since Playstation is so powerful that you could download third party games and play them on the system? Well, in this article we will go over everything you need to know about Playstations and using external assets.
So will Playstation allow external assets?
Although many people do try and upload their own games and use external assets on the Playstation, it always leads to a ban by Playstation as their systems have safety protocols in place to keep external assets out.
If you want to know more about Playstation allowing external assets, you will want to keep reading. You can also check out this video to learn what Playstations policy is regarding external assets.
A craze spreading like fire was discovered in 1994 when the first Playstation was released by the company Sony. Playstation is nothing but an extremely good and addictive video game system that is created by Sony. There are a series of pPlaystations that this company releases. Playstation 1 was released in 1994, Playstation 2 also known as PS2 was released in 2000 and Playstation 3 also known as PS3 was released in the year 2006. With all the new Playstations, they ensured that there is an improvement in terms of graphics and sound quality. Today there is also a PS4 and a new PS5.
Can I use external assets?
The latest PS4 released by the company will not allow any usage of external assets. You will not be able to upload any assets either on the PS4. The games will allow only existing assets to be used in it. Any mods or assets that beautify the things in the game that are outside the game are completely off-limits. Sony was initially disagreeing for the mods but agreed later only with this condition. Mods like different face models, and any sci-fi or fantasy are completely banned by the game.
Supporting information about play stations
The company Sony got into direct competition with Microsoft’s Xbox games. With that competition going along, it released its PS3 with all new and unique features. Some features of PS3 are listed below:
- 3.2 Ghz Cell processor
- Gigabit Ethernet port, 4 USB 2.0 ports and Bluetooth 2.0
- 60 GB hard disk
- A web browser that will support your gaming system the most
- User profiles
- Media storage, playback and display have been improved.
- A blu-ray player has been introduced that supports both CD and DVD formats.
- 256 MB of XDR DRAM and HDMI support
- Access to an online marketplace for music
Sony has also created an official page for PS3 and you can check it out as soon as you finish reading this article. That page has almost all the current as well as the upcoming information about the PS3. The games that are being played the most, the upcoming games and all the deals and offers that might benefit you are given on that page.
A petition to use external assets
There are players who are just crazy about gaming and play stations. Those players have created a website on which you might go and enter your details to sign the petition. According to the petition, it says that Sony has blocked the usage of mods which is not a great thing. Bethesda was willing to help the players with Skyrim Special Edition, as well as Fallout 4. The petition compares the play station with the Xbox, Sony was once competing with. The players claim that Xbox has allowed the use of external assets and so their communities have flourished. PS4 should allow the usage of external assets to keep their existing players happy and attract more games like Xbox is right now.
What things are blocked by Sony?
Sony has blocked mods and they are listed here briefly:
- Any kind of new models are banned (any shape that does not exist in the game)
- Any kind of altered models are blocked (removing a part of any model is banned.)
- Any new color patterns are blocked
- New scripts in the game are blocked
- Any kind of different and new sound files are being blocked.
The players of PS4 are in rage and are constantly raising this question that if Xbox 1 can have it then why can’t PS4 have it? The answer is simple, just because Sony decided it to be this way. There are a few mods that can be converted and used as external assets in PS4 but this will involve loss of major features and decreasing of quality and graphics.
Things that you can do as a player
If you are a PS4 player, there are certain things that you should do and that you should not do. Some of the major things are listed down below briefly, have a look:
- There are a few mods that are stolen and not really legal. You need to stop supporting them. Players generally take a PC mod without permission and upload it in PS4 which is very wrong to support and tolerate. As a result, the player doing so will not be able to use that mod and it will not be supported by the PS4.
- Do not spam any PS4 page with demands. There are a lot of petitions and demands coming up these days about how Sony should allow the usage of PS4 if Xbox is allowing them to. It is their decision and signing a petition will not make you fulfill yours or others demands.
- You need to start thinking about future purchases. The Sony Company has thought about it before taking any decision and they might be thinking about their future purchases about what players will have access to and what players will not have access to. Have faith and patience on the Sony Company before taking any decisions or making any demands.
All of these things have made Playstations popular and have created a craze all over the world. People do not think much before spending money on any of the Playstations as they think of it to be an investment. The graphics and sound quality of play stations have made the games appear as if one is playing it in real life. If you have never played a Playstation before, you will want to get ready to experience the thrills and chills while playing Playstation for it is like a dream come true. They are not cheap but they have proved themselves to be worth it.
If you are interested in buying a Playstation or playing one, this is the best place to get one. Even though they do not allow outside mods or anything, the sheer power of the console and everything that it can accomplish is crazy. Many people do not even think about adding to the Playstation as it is already a powerful machine.
Now that you know everything about the Playstation and what you can and cannot do on the machine, when you get it, you will be able to see for yourself all of its power as well as all of the technology that has gone into making the machine what it is today. You can play the games and be blown away by the graphics, speed, and capability of the Playstation.